Monday, November 23, 2009

Adio Reh Assius Ceh

WKRP host - Welcome to WKRP, Rome's favourite radio station! Today we are going to talk with an anonymous Senator about everybody's favourite leader; Julius Caesar. Here is the Senator!

Senator - Thank you very much for having me on the show. I just want to let you know that I love this city and I love the people of this city. We live in the greatest empire ever known to man; ROME! You surely must remember the stories you heard as children of the tyrants that used to rule this glorious state? They’re back. Those treacherous murderers have returned to oppress us again. Though even in the old times it was not the men themselves that were evil; it was their power that corrupted them. Now we, the people of Rome, are trying to give that all destroying power to Caesar.

WKRP host - Are you saying Caesar is corrupted?

Senator – Such vile words would never leave my mouth. No, I am saying that too much power can destroy any man. Caesar is a great leader now, but will he be great when he is king; will his children be great, or will they be tyrants like the Tarquins? Tonight Rome I beg you ask yourself this question; is Caesar safe from his own power?

WKRP host – Thank you for coming on the show Senator; I bid you well in your twisted world of political games. A heads up, there is a battalion of Caesar’s men on their way to arrest you; my producer called them, he thought you were talking treason or something; better run.

No comments:

Post a Comment